DOS and DON'TS when visiting Germany
Travelling to a foreign country is always an experience. As in Germany, the Germans are known for their culture and etiquette that make the customs and behaviours differ from others. Here are some do's and don'ts you need to keep in mind before planning a trip to Germany:
1. Do not be late. Germany is widely known for their knack of sticking to time so be punctual.
2. Do not put your elbows on the table when eating. Put your hands only.
3. Do not jaywalking. Nobody does or you'll be fined.
1. Do be on time. Time is important in Germany.
2. Do say "Guten Appetit" before eating and remember to keep only your hands not elbows on the table.
3. Do keep cash with you. Cash is king in Germany. Many restaurants don't take credit cards.
4. Do tip. It is customary to leave 5-10% tip at a restaurant if the service was good. Leave a larger tip during christmas time.